? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello Friend

Meeting new people is always exciting. And since I am now going on month four in our new location, I'm beginning to meet people. It's fascinating to learn where they came from, why they're here, and what they do. I love people's stories, they all seem so much better and more interesting than mine. Inevitably the conversation turns to children. It's one of those harmless ice breaker questions, how many children do you have?

And for the most part, it's easy to answer. We don't have children...yet. I have noticed, however, now that I'm growing older, that the answer isn't as readily accepted as it was in my 20's. Now, it's usually posed as a question, and every-so-often you get the idiot that speaks out of turn, trying to ease his/her own discomfort, by saying that we made the "smart" choice by not having kids. Hmmmm. What do I do? Most often than not, I just smile, and die a little inside. It's hard, to be the infertile one. I think the pity is harder to deal with than the stupid comments.

Now, I know that these parents love their children. Really, I'm not that ignorant, or bitter. But sometimes it does pain me, just a little, that they don't truly realize what annoying little blessings they've been given. I know that being a parent isn't easy, but it is a blessing. And it isn't something that happens for everyone. It isn't a given. That's the mistake I made, assuming that it was my right, my guarantee. Ha! There are no guarantees. It is a privilege. And a blessing.

Count your blessings...name them one by one...Count your blessings...see what God has done.

0 comments: