? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Loss

I don't claim to be an overly patient person. I never have been. It's a virtue I hope improves with age. We'll see.

Tonight I lost a friend. Lost in the sense of no longer friends, not an untimely death. It makes me incredibly sad. I will miss her, but not the frustration that always seemed present in our relationship. It may not be true, but I sincerely feel that I gave more. Not in earthly possessions, that doesn't mean anything. I gave more of myself. Me. The only true thing I have to give. And I just don't feel that I got that in return.

I believe that friendship is about sharing. I don't trust easily, I just don't, I've been used a lot. But I gave, and I trusted, and I was duped. Again. And I'm also sure that I was partly to blame. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, maybe she didn't feel valued enough, for some reason she couldn't trust me to support her, care about her, share with her.

For her I wish her happiness. That's all I've ever wanted for her. But I'm done. I have to be. It hurts too much to be used.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too have dropped two toxic friendships in recent years. It just got to be too much to try to appease them and I'm much happier because of it!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Friend breakups can be as painful as romantic breakups.

I hope your heart heals soon.