? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Appointment Update

I had the most surprising visit yesterday. I don't know why it was so surprising, I guess because I had given up and I just figured my doctor would let me. Not the case. And before you say that he bullied me, I LOVE him. He gave me hope. Something of which I have not had in a long, long time.

The clinic is nice, but small. I kind of like the small, intimate feeling, but it makes it harder to ignore the pregnant women and babies everywhere. Although, I will say when I was waiting I was in the mindset that this would never be me, so perhaps it won't be so bad next time.

When I went in he first addressed the issue at hand. My obscene, obnoxious periods. He told me that while he understood that I was frustrated, and tired, that it wasn't a reason to have a hysterectomy (without children), yet. He assured me that he could fix me. I listened.

The first prescription was for birth control pills. He seems convinced that on the short-term they will do exactly what he is hoping in getting the incessant bleeding to stop. He prescribed 2 pills twice a day until it stops. Then 1 pill twice a day for 3 days. Then continue as usual until the pack is gone.

In addition he prescribed me Metformin for the insulin resistance and PCOS. This is a build and see medication. For right now I'm starting out on 250mg 2x daily and building to 3g. Yep, huge amount, but I'm ready and willing. Oh, and did I mention that this medication makes me extremely ill?

So, because I'm on strong doses of the first two meds, I am also prescribed Zofran. For nausea. Enough said.

The final medication he gave me is phenteramine. This is obviously a little aid for weight loss. We'll see how it works. I haven't even heard of it since 1995 and the whole Phen/Fen fiasco. But my doctor insists that it's safe and we'll monitor it closely.

So, that's my assignment, my goal. Take the meds, try to lose some weight, and next month, when I go back he's prescribing Clomid. Can you believe it? I can't. I'm in shock. I had really given up on this portion of the parenthood track. Both Brent and I are ecstatic. It's a little shot of hope and renewed energy.

Happy Day!

0 comments: