? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, January 23, 2009

Attitude?

I remember the first time I’d heard of infertility. It was attached to some bizarre family somewhere that birthed a litter of children. I also remember at the time being so sure of myself, so sure that nothing like that would happen to me, and that if, God forbid, I was ever in that position, I would NEVER make the same choices they made.

Now that I’m older, and arguably wiser, I know all too well how personal the infertility journey is. There are so many people in our lives that try very hard to be supportive. But unless you know the pain and the emptiness you cannot possibly have an opinion. This makes it doubly hard to put up a wall against all those well-meaning people who come with advice and advice and more advice. If they only knew how many times the average infertile couple has heard “just relax”, or “go on vacation”, or “just adopt and you’ll get pregnant”.

In recent years, we’ve been fortunate to have infertility come to the forefront. When we first started TTC I felt so alone. Now there are many more women who come forward. There are many more programs on tv, much more information available through the internet, however, it’s also important to remember that each case of infertility is as different as the women/couples that it affects.

I’ve always been very open and comfortable talking about PCOS and the journey we’ve been through. I find, however, that many people are uncomfortable with the topic of infertility so I usually just hang back and then wait for cues from those we meet along the way.
Throughout the journey I’ve learned that Sparky is really much more open about it all. He’ll come home with information and stories of conversations. He feels very free to discuss it with whomever he comes in contact with, which I personally think is wonderful.

I thank God that I live in the times we live in. I would have been distraught and devastated having not known what was wrong. Unexplained infertility has to be even more frustrating than a diagnosis. So I’m fortunate in that we have medical information and advances in our corner.

0 comments: