? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, January 24, 2009

PCOS

As I’ve posted in previous posts, I have PCOS. I was told by my previous Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) that I have one of the most severe cases of PCOS/insulin resistance that he’s ever seen. Seeing that this man is one of the top RE’s at the Mayo Clinic, it means something to me.

So, what to do? I have to change my life. And while that seems like a simple statement, the magnitude of this life is huge. But it’s literally necessary for me to live. If I don’t I will become a diabetic in a matter of a few years, and I will never, ever be able to think about carrying a bio child. That’s pretty huge.

I won’t lie and say that it wasn’t devastating to hear the first time around. But now that the information has sunk in, it has to become my reality. It’s too important not too. Since my insulin resistance is so severe I will have to modify my diet to never, or never in regular intervals, consume starches.

This of course does not mean that I can survive on bacon and fried eggs for eternity. It means healthy, wholesome lean meats and vegetables. Lots and lots of salad without the heavy dressings. Thankfully, I love veggies and meat. Now that we’re living in Alaska I’m trying to add more fish and seafood to the menu. We’ll see how that goes.

So we’re doing our best to remove certain foods, and significantly reduce other foods that we eat. As a whole, we eat well. We don’t buy processed foods, and we try to keep other fast foods to a minimum. Some how it’s never enough. I have to get more strict in order to start seeing the results I need. But then again, no one said life was easy.

0 comments: