? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Have you forgotten?

Having been raised in a very small town in Northwestern Minnesota, I was fairly sheltered in my youth. So perhaps that's why 9/11 affected my life so greatly.

I will never forget that day. 9/11/2001. We had just moved to Colorado and we were living a thousand miles from our families and friends. I went to work that morning as normal and as I was sitting at my desk, the phone rang. It was Sparky. He was shaken, and he told me that a plane hit the World Trade Center. I remember being struck with disbelief and so we turned on the radio and listened.

That day work was forfeited to the grief, wonder, and ponderance of life in a country that had fallen prey to terrorists. As the days passed I remember feeling vulnerable and scared. Then the worst news affected us. My younger brother The Law had been deployed. Luckily he would remain in the states and not be shipped overseas like so many others. However, it was frightening and disturbing at such an uncertain time.

There is no one in this country that has not been affected. So many have loved and lost, and gave without a second thought. And though we may not have the closure that so many have hoped, prayed and gave for, I pray that all Americans will support our troops, no matter which side of the war they stand on.

God Bless America.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment! And with a Colorado connection, nonetheless.

Beautiful post...and a great reminder.