? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I want to be a pumpkin farmer...

Can y0u picture me in overalls, with my pitchfork in hand? Some of those who know me would say that it's an odd match of a profession for me, and others would think that it would fit perfectly. But two years ago I was obsessed with being a pumpkin farmer. OBSESSED. I still have a very detailed business plan waiting...just in case I should happen to stumble upon acres of land.

This time of year. Autumn. It leaves me longing for my school days and my hometown. However, something's are only meant to be memories. Sometimes are much, much better than the reality. I love Hometown, I love the feeling I get when I drive down mainstreet, I love that I recognize faces in faces, I love that I feel at home there. However, there are things about Hometown that would be difficult to embrace. Some of the things that I love, are also some of the things that keep me away. I'm fortunate, I guess, that two of my closest friends, and most of my family still live in the area. So, I get the best of both worlds. I get to visit, whenever I'd like, and I get to leave, when the familiar feeling closes in on me.

I still love the idea of working the land, turning the pumpkins to maintain their perfectly round shape, to grow and welcome, and show and guide. The activities, the food, the comforts of home. But I can have those with or without my pumpkin farm. Ahhh, autumn in my state. It truly can't be beat.

0 comments: